Creamy Vegetable & Sausage Soup
Is there anything better than a tasty bowl of hot soup during the fall and winter seasons? Here's one of my favorites.
- 1 lb Fanestil’s Sausage (crumbled)
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable Stock
- 4 Potatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp Minced Onions
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1.2 tsp Pepper
- 10 oz Package Frozen Mixed Vegetables You can substitute fresh or canned vegetables.
- 1/3 cup Water (for vegetables)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Grated Cheese (your choice)
In a large saucepan, combine sausage, water, onion, potatoes, bay leaf, Liquid Smoke, pepper and seasoning salt; cook until the potatoes are tender.
Add sausage to mixture.
Add soups, milk, and butter.
Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Do not boil!
Stir in cheese right before serving.
Serve hot. Enjoy!