Grilling Tips & Recipes
At Fanestil Meats, we love to cook, and we love our meats! With 40+ years of experience in both, we thought we would share some insights, tips and a few recipes now and then. Please enjoy the following and let us know any suggestions you may have, including sharing your favorite Fanestil Meats recipe. Please note any tips or recipes you send in may be shared on our site or social media. Now, let’s eat!
Jan’s Pecan Crusted Salmon
A delicious and healthy taste of the sea! Perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
- baking sheet, casserole dish or stoneware
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Fresh Salmon Filets
- Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Mix ingredients together to make a paste, using salt and pepper to your taste.
- Apply mixture totop of Salmon filets.
- Bake salmon filets in 400-degree oven for 20 minutes.
Jan’s Party Time Chicken Salad
Whether for sandwiches, an appetizer or as a meal on its own, it doesn't get any better than this lovely chicken salad.
- 2 lbs Fanestil’s Party Time Chicken Cubed suggest 1/4” cubes
- 1 cup Celery (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Grapes Green or Red - your choice.
- 1/2 cup Almonds (sliced or slivered)
- 3/4 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 cups Mayonnaise (I like Hellman's or Dukes Mayo)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- 3/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tbsp Minced Onion
- 24 Sandwich Rolls
- 1 lb Deli Sliced Party Time Ham
- 1 lb Deli Sliced Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut rolls in half and place bottom side down touching side by side in 9” x 13” pan.
- Layer ham evenly over the entire group of bun bottoms, layer Swiss cheese then another layer of ham.
- I overlapped the ham and cheese slightly. Place tops on buns.
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients and pour over top. Use a pastry brush to spread evenly over buns.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut through to separate each bun (cut like you would cut squares of lasagna).
Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 Roll Crescents
- 1 Package Fanestil Hot Dogs (available at Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- 8 Slices American Cheese (available at Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- Preheat oven according to crescent directions.
- Take one crescent triangle, place a slice of American cheese on it, then add a hot dog and roll.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook according to the crescent packaging.
- Crock Pot
- 1 lb Fanestil Sausage, cooked and drained (available at Fanestil Fresh Local Market)
- 2 lb Shredded hash browns
- 1 Chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Sliced celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Sliced carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- Mix all in crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours
Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock Pot
- 2 tbsp Melted unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 2 cups Cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 1 8 oz Block of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles and diced green onions are optional
- Combine all ingredients except the optional crumbles and onions in crock pot and heat on low, stir every 30 minutes.
- Dip is ready when all ingredients have melted. Sprinkle with diced green onions and bleu cheese to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
Party Time Ham & Potato Casserole
This Casserole is delicious, easy and a great way to use that left-over holiday ham!
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 1/2 tbsp Flour
- 1 medium Yellow onion
- 1 cup Cream (or half & half)
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/4 cup Medium cheddar shredded
- 3 lbs Potatoes diced (peel optional)
- 2 1/2 cups Ham
- 3 Bell peppers, combination of green & yellow/red chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion and stir until softened, then add flour. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cream, then whisk until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 ¼ cup of cheese.
- Mix potatoes, hame and peppers in a greased casserole dish. Pour sauce over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, add remaining cheese and bake an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and cheese is golden.
Parmesan Stuffed Pork Chops
These parmesan-stuffed pork chops are nothing short of decadent and relatively simple to prepare!
- 4 Thick-cut Fanestil Meats Pork Chops
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 oz Cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup Freshly shredded Parmesan
- 5 slices Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Green onions sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 2/3 cups Panko crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together cream cheese, Parmesan, bacon, minced garlic and green onion.
- Put flour in a dipping dish, Panko crumbs in a separate dipping dish, and whisk egs for battering.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop through the side to create a cavity for the filling. Salt and pepper the pork chops as desired.
- Stuff each pork chop with the filling and then press the seam to seal it and stick a toothpick in to tie it all together.
- Coat pork chops in flour, dip in egg mixture and then coat in Panko crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and heat oil in a large cast iron or oven-proof skillet.
- Brown pork chops for a few minutes on each side, then place in the oven for 20 minutes
Ranch Turkey Pasta Salad
This makes use of leftover turkey and works as a side for just about any meal.
- 4 cups Pasta – penne cooked al dente
- 4 Yellow bell peppers chopped
- 2 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped onion
- 4 cups Cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup Buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1/2 Finely chopped bacon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except the cheese in a large bowl and toss well.
- Chill for an hour and then serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
Fanestil Meats Bacon Alfredo Delight
- 12 slices Fanestil Meats thick-cut bacon cooked
- 1 cup Finely chopped red onion
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 16 oz Rotini pasta cooked al dente
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 cups Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 package Cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tsp Basil chopped for garnish
- After cooking bacon, use the grease to cook the onion in a large skillet. After onion is translucent, add pasta and broth.
- Make a rue from cornstarch with a small amount of water. Add to mixture and stir in well.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream and cheese until the cheese has melted. Add ½ of the bacon and mix and ½ of the cherry tomatoes.
- Garnish with additional chopped bacon, tomato and basil as desired; salt and pepper to taste.
Jan’s Sausage Stuffing
Try this delicious take on your traditional Thanksgiving dressing - a delicious, hearty stuffing.
- 9x13 baking dish
- 14 oz Package Store-Bought Stuffing Cubes
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 4 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 lb. Fanestils Breakfast Sausage
- 2 ¾ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary (substitute fresh if available)
- 1 tsp Dried Sage (substitute fresh if available)
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley (substitute fresh if available)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Brown Fanestils sausage in sauté pan.
- Using the same pan, melt butter, add onions, add celery and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add the garlic at the last minute.
- Mix vegetables and sausage together in a largebowl with broth and seasonings.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake covered with foil for about an hour, uncover and let the top brown 5-10 minutes.
Jan’s Pastrami Hash
Want to get your morning jump-started? Try this mouthwatering dish; it's great for "breakfast for dinner" or on a cold, winter night as well.
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic - minced (may substitute dry)
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (may need more as you cook)
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 4 Medium Red Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 ½ cups Fanestil’s Party Time Beef Pastrami (chopped)
- 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese Feel free to substititute your favorite cheeses here.
- 1 cup Spinach (chopped)
- 4 Eggs Cooked over easy.
- Steak Seasoning Season to taste.
- Salt & Pepper Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and potatoes in olive oil and butter in a cast-iron skillet until slightly tender; season with salt and pepper as you cook.
- Stir in Fanestil’s Party Time Beef Pastrami and the spinach; sprinkle top with steak seasoning and cover with grated cheese.
- In a separate skillet, cook eggs over easy with salt and pepper to taste and place on top of the mixture.
- Place in oven until the cheese melts and the mixture browns slightly around the skillet's edge, approximately 20 minutes.
- 2 slices Rye bread
- 2 tbsp Hoganville Sauerkraut (available in the Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- 2 slices Swiss or Provolone Cheese (available in the Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- 4-6 oz Shaved Pastrami (available in the Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- 4 tbsp any type of condiment for sandwich (Thousand Island Dressing, Mayo, etc.)
- Butter each slice of bread and place into skillet buttered side down.
- Spread dressing or condiment on each slice of bread.
- Evenly spread Sauerkraut and place a slice of cheese over each slice of bread.
- Pile the pastrami on one side, then press the sandwich together.
- Place skillet over medium-low heat and grill until bread is browned and crisped.
- Flip sandwich over to grill other side.
Party Time Ham Rollups
- 16 Slices Party Time Ham-thin sliced (available at Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese - spreadable
- 1 Jar Pickles - whole
- Take one slice of Party Time Ham and pat dry, then spread cream cheese over entire slice.
- Place a pickle on one edge and roll the ham around it.
- Slice into bite size pieces.
Jan’s Party Time Ham Salad
- 1 lb Fanestil Party Time Ham-diced into very small chunks (then pulse a few times quickly in food processor-you want small chunks not paste) (available at Fanestil Fresh Local Market)
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet relish
- 1 1/4 cup Celery diced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Add in-if you want to give it a bit of a kick, consider adding ½ cup finely diced jalapeno pickles-dill or sweet to your mix
- Mix all ingredients and chill for at least an hour.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, or make sandwiches
Garlic Steak Bites
Want to knock out a first-class dining experience without all the effort? This recipe is for you!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 lbs Fanestil Meats ribeye cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tbsp Salted butter
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- You can add a bell pepper and onion to create a fajita-style garlic bite
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (we prefer cast iron) on high heat.
- When it is hot, add the steak bites and immediately salt and pepper them. Cook them for two minutes flip to the other side and cook two minutes, then remove.
- Turn the heat down to low and add all other ingredients. Stir gently until garlic is slightly brown then drizzle the mixture over the steak bites and toss them for 30 seconds
- Let rest five minutes and serve.
- 4 Fanestil Meats Ribeye steaks
- 2 cups Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 12 oz Pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Cloves minced
- 4 tsp Ginger (fresh if possible)
- Salt & Pepper to taste and while seasoning the steak.
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes. Pour immediately into large baking pan or whatever you use for marinating your steaks.
- Once it has totally cooled, add the steaks making sure they are generously covered; refrigerate a minimum of two hours.
- Pull steaks back out and allow to rise to room temperature. Salt & pepper and grill as usual. Enjoy!
Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
These tasty little guys are a party favorite!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 12 oz Hawaiian Buns
- 1 lb Fanestils KC Strip sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 Green pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 Yellow pepper cut into thin strips
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
- 6 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add olive oil and butter to frying pan. Add the beef, sauté until almost half cooked.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of seasoning over beef, then add the vegetables and continue cooking until they are tender.
- Add the rest of the seasoning and toss well.
- Cut Hawaiian rolls in half and place meat mixture and slice of provolone on slider, then put top on slider.
- Place on greased/sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 350° for ten minutes or until cheese is melted.
Party Time Ham & Beans
This crockpot version is super simple and delicious for a cold, winter night!
- 4 cans 15.8 oz cans of Bush’s great northern beans
- 3 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 stick Salted butter
- 2 small White onions chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 2 lbs Chopped or cubed Fanestil Party Time Ham
- 6 cups Vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- Dump it all in the crock pot and cook on low all day. It’s that easy! Enjoy!
Jan’s Spinach Artichoke Dip
This scrumptios appetizer is a surefiire party pleaser!
- Small Baking Dish
- 1 can Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- 1 package Frozen Spinach (thawed and drained)
- 3 cups Shredded Cheese - Your Choice (Faves: Sharp Cheddar, Mozzarella & Parmesan)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place in a small, oiled baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Goes great with Pita Bread, Tortillia Chips, Salsa & Sour Cream.
Creamy Vegetable & Sausage Soup
Is there anything better than a tasty bowl of hot soup during the fall and winter seasons? Here's one of my favorites.
- Large Saucepan or Pot
- 1 lb Fanestil’s Sausage (crumbled)
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable Stock
- 4 Potatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp Minced Onions
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1.2 tsp Pepper
- 10 oz Package Frozen Mixed Vegetables You can substitute fresh or canned vegetables.
- 1/3 cup Water (for vegetables)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Grated Cheese (your choice)
- In a large saucepan, combine sausage, water, onion, potatoes, bay leaf, liquid smoke, pepper and seasoning salt; cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage to mixture.
- Add soups, milk, and butter.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Do not boil!
- Stir in cheese right before serving.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
French Dip Sandwich with Au Jus
- 1 French Roll or Hoagie
- 2 Slices Provolone or Swiss Cheese (available at Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- 4-6 oz Party Time Roast Beef - shaved (available at Fanestil Meats Fresh Local Market)
- 1 packet French Onion Soup mix
- 1 24oz container of Beef Broth
- Place 2 slices of cheese and the roast beef on the roll and wrap in foil.
- Stick in oven to heat up sandwich.
- Combine French Onion Soup mix and beef broth in a saucepan and heat.
- Once sandwich and soup is warm, place sandwich on plate and dip in a bowl of the Au Jus.
- 1 Stalk Celery
- 2 Cloves Garlic-minced
- 1/3 cup each Green, red, & yellow bell peppers-chopped
- 1/2 cup White onion-diced
- 1 lb Shrimp-cleaned (if using frozen, thaw before using, available at Fanestil Fresh Local Market)
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage-sliced (can also use Hot Links, Hot Smoked Sausage, or Hot Polish Sausage, all available at Fanestil Fresh Local Market)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes
- 5 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Granulated white sugar
- 2 cups White minute rice
- Green Onions or parsley for garnish
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a large pan. Add onion, celery, peppers, & garlic. Sauté until onion slightly translucent.
- Add sausage. Sauté until mostly cooked.
- Reduce heat to medium. In bowl whisk together juice from tomatoes, tomato paste and 1 ½ cups chicken broth.
- Add liquid mixture, tomatoes, cajun seasoning, sugar, & rice. Cover and simmer 10 min.
- Add shrimp. Simmer 10 to 15 min. until shrimp cooked and rice proper consistency. Add water as needed. (usually add approx. 1 cup throughout process)
- Serve, garnish with sliced green onion or parsley.
Party Time Ham Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups Uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup Butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% Milk
- 4 tsp Chicken Bouillon Granules
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Cubed Party Time Ham (available at Fanestil Fresh Local Market)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in the milk, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and macaroni
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until bubble, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Pork Chops with Bourbon, Apple Whiskey Chutney
- 4 Fanestil Meats pork chops
- 6 Granny Smith green apples (very small cubes- peel optional)
- 1 cup Brown sugar (can use light or NutraSweet versions if preferred)
- 1 stick Salted butter
- 1 cup Jim Beam or whiskey of preference
- In a large sauce pan, melt the stick of butter over medium heat, the add the apples. Cook for ten minutes or until you can cut apple pieces with a fork.
- Add brown sugar and whiskey, mix thoroughly. Put on back of stove to keep warm, and prepare your chops.
- Cook pork chops as desired; this chutney pairs well with fried, grilled or broiled.
- Let meat rest. Then serve with chutney generous chutney smear on each plate.
Pepper Jelly & Cream Cheese Dip
This is about as simple as it gets, but delicious nonetheless.
- 1 8 oz Package cream cheese block room temperature
- 1 Jar Pepper Jelly (we have several but particularly like the Pineapple Jalapeno version)
- Place room temperature cheese on serving plate, top with at least ½ of jar and replenish as needed.
- Serve with pita chips, cracker and tortilla chips.
Summer Sausage Skewers
This appetizer is a sure hit and great for hot summer nights!
- 1 package Fanestil summer sausage slice in ½ inch slices and then quartered
- 1 package Fresh mozzarella small balls
- 1 bottle Balsamic glaze
- 1 package Cherry or grape tomatoes (multiple colors make these more festive)
- Basil chopped finely
- 1 package Disposable wood skewers
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cracked Pepper
- Take skewers and assemble kababs evenly rotating summer sausage mozzarella balls and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle very lightly with salt, and be more generous with the cracked pepper.
- Then drizzle the balsamic glaze and garnish with basil.
- You can serve alone or with crackers on the side.
Fanestils Grilled BTC
- 16 slices thinly sliced sourdough bread
- 8 slices Each of these three cheeses: mozzarella, pepper jack and mild cheddar
- 16 slices Fanestil Meats bacon – cooked
- 4 thinly sliced roma tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Compile the sandwiches with one slice of each of the three cheese, two slices of bacon and 3-4 tomato slices.
- Generously spread mayo on both pieces of inner bread.
- Generously spread butter on both exterior slices of bread and grill until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Enjoy with chips, fries, soup or salad.
4700 West Highway 50
Emporia, KS 66801
Connect With Us